Team Survivor with Tarquin (video)
I decided to post a little video of a scrim I played in recently with a  and iCu* mix against the Revenants. The Revenants haven’t really touched the game in a long time, so a lot of the behaviors that work in the video are much less likely to work against opponents who have been around the past few seasons. I felt however that this scrim was a pretty good demonstration of how certain plays can really work out for the better.
Most of the things I talk about in the video, I don’t consciously think about while in-game. That takes too much time in sticky situations. Really, the only way one can really learn any of this is via experience. These are just some tips so that at least you can recognize what some good behaviors in a TS game actually look like (not that this scrim was played particularly well).
A summary of some of the points I make in this video:
- Stand in unusual spots (especially in sniper duels).
- Pre-nades are good for pushing the enemy back, or getting some free early-game kills.
- Players, if at some obvious advantage (in health, position, speed, etc) and especially if they’re on the chase, tend to think their enemy will run away a good distance.
- You can bait the enemy out by faking your bandage (and depleted ammunition).
- Try not to run around corners against SR-8′s.
- When you know you’re being flanked, expose yourself only to one side (pushing through one of the enemies also accomplishes this).
- If you’re going to stand around somewhere, make sure you have a safe exit (unless you have no choice but to put yourself in a risky situation).
- When you’re against against multiple enemies, isolate one target at a time.
- Learn to jump fast!
- Be mindful of the whole game. Don’t focus too much on a single enemy. I get knifed in the back for not doing this.
- Avoid baiting your teammates. Play with your team.
- How to get the most out of Grenades (video) Grenades are one of the most powerful weapons in the game. With a single grenade you can kill many opponents (my record is 3, tell me if you made 4 or more in the comments). But grenades are not that easy to use and they may turn into a double edged sword. In this video tutorial we will see a couple of techniques that will help you to get the most out of Grenades....
- Play of the Week #1 (video) Hey guys this is Engine. Today premieres our new column called “Play of the Week” which will feature every week an awesome Urban Terror play. Sometimes they will be spectacular and sometimes they will just be effective (just like this one). However they will show you amazing plays from different players. This week the featured player [...]...
- Play of the Week #2 (Video) Finally after a long stop today Play of the Week comes back with some more awesomeness. This time is a quite spectacular play from Tarquin. Why Tarquin again? Well because he's great. And because we got almost no demos... so send your demos to get featured in the Play of the Week column. Rules are simple: send us a demo and tell us which round features an awesome play.. just one round. Enough talking... here's the video....
- Play of the week #5 (video) Allright guys welcome to the first episode of Play of the Week, featuring a new intro! This week we chose deMex from Team Germany in a very clever play on Turnpike. Here’s the video! Would you like to candidate for the next play of the week? Send us your demo at email@example.com. Liked this column? Tell us in the [...]...